Sunday, March 19, 2006
Second mistake
Well as of today, I've now both the two major screwups. The first was, of course, forgetting to give Cade his morning dose on the day of our clinic appointment. Luckily I remembered as we were 1/2 way there and managed to recover from that.
Tonight I managed to give his morning dose in the evening. After a not so slight panic attack, I called the on call dr. and was told that since he is the honeymoon phase so his doses are really small on top of that he is running pretty high anyway - he should be OK. I do need to give him a larger than normal snack and wake up at midnight and 3am for tests (I have this feeling the problem will be getting to sleep not waking up).
Stuff like this makes me feel so guilty, I'll be honest I am not the most organized person at the best of times and when I found out what having diabetes meant I swore that I would get organized. And I have, I'm trying so hard, but I've still screwed up. The dr. did say that it is not uncommon for this to occur - but nevertheless it should not of happened.
This has definitely been a day of asking 'why my son?'
Tonight I managed to give his morning dose in the evening. After a not so slight panic attack, I called the on call dr. and was told that since he is the honeymoon phase so his doses are really small on top of that he is running pretty high anyway - he should be OK. I do need to give him a larger than normal snack and wake up at midnight and 3am for tests (I have this feeling the problem will be getting to sleep not waking up).
Stuff like this makes me feel so guilty, I'll be honest I am not the most organized person at the best of times and when I found out what having diabetes meant I swore that I would get organized. And I have, I'm trying so hard, but I've still screwed up. The dr. did say that it is not uncommon for this to occur - but nevertheless it should not of happened.
This has definitely been a day of asking 'why my son?'